If you've been reading here for awhile, you'll know that our first experience of team soccer last year wasn't great. I suppose I should make that my experience, as I think Olle's experience was alright, though not wonderful.
I wasn't sure whether to join him up again this year and put the issue on the backburner over summer. Then the emails asking us to re-enrol started to arrive (the season starts awfully early). I prevaricated, then at the last minute decided to go ahead, as I thought that if we didn't, he'd be unlikely to play in a soccer team again and he's in the prime of his soccer-playing life, as far as enthusiasm goes. So I re-enrolled him but told the club organiser that we wanted to be in a team with a different coach, even if this meant being apart from his friend who was in the same team last year. (It felt like complete potluck - what if we ended up in a team which we again didn't like?)